Welcome to my blog! This blog contains essay, literature analyses, etc. all designed to help myself as well as others prepare for the AP Literature and Composition Test. Please feel free to read and do not hesitate in leaving any suggestions and comments! You can also contact me at parrajessica83@yahoo.com.
Don't forget to follow my blog!

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Roy Christopher Conference

During our talk with Roy Christopher, there were some key points that really caught my attention:
  •  I think that all the things that were mentioned were important points. The one thing that caught my attention the most was Roy said, "Multitasking is a myth." I remember Dr. Preston telling us this sophomore year. Since were working with more with technology this year, I have been "multitasking" more than I normally would.It was nice to have the idea of multitasking not existing reinforced again.
  • There was a point in the conversation in which someone asked if we would ever reach the point where we would become tourists instead of being that digital natives. Roy responded in a reassuring way, stating that we are smart and will be able to keep up with the pace of technology. We will not fall behind and should not fear this. 
  • We were asked if we should be embarrassed by our behavior.. I agreed with Hannah Hosking's answer stating that we should only be embarrassed that adults do not trust us. Roy also agreed with this answer saying that we should be trusted with technology. I do think that we deserve it and that their mistrust is based on  negative stereotypes of teenagers.

No comments:

Post a Comment