Welcome to my blog! This blog contains essay, literature analyses, etc. all designed to help myself as well as others prepare for the AP Literature and Composition Test. Please feel free to read and do not hesitate in leaving any suggestions and comments! You can also contact me at parrajessica83@yahoo.com.
Don't forget to follow my blog!

Sunday, April 29, 2012

AP Exam Studying....

I actually did not do what I said that I was going to do. I glanced around at the essay prompts and noticed that they frequently ask for tone. I then realized that I always use the same words to describe the tone of a passage. I went online and looked for some new words that I could use to replace my mundane ones (serious, sad, etc). This is what I came up with:


Looking at these two different list really helped me and I think will strengthen my essay writing. 

I also realized that I never fully understood what syntax was. I was able to find this great source.
I also reviewed essay writing. I read the "Analyzing Prompt" document that Dr Preston posted up.
This also helped a lot. There was sample essays that helped me to set standards for myself on the test. 

I also reviewed the AP terms and tried to apply each of them to a novel I had read. 

This weekend I mostly focused on the essay writing. This coming week I plan on focusing on the multiple choice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment