Welcome to my blog! This blog contains essay, literature analyses, etc. all designed to help myself as well as others prepare for the AP Literature and Composition Test. Please feel free to read and do not hesitate in leaving any suggestions and comments! You can also contact me at parrajessica83@yahoo.com.
Don't forget to follow my blog!

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Notes on Hamlet

As we started reading this play I was hidebound and did not want to give this play a chance because I believed that I would not understand it. As I did begin to understand what was happening I began to enjoy it a little or at least more than what I thought I would have. The ghost appearing in the beginning of the play caught my attention right away because I am highly interested in the supernatural. My initial impression of Hamlet was that he was a depressed man mourning over his father's death and mother's marriage to his uncle. Then I began to think of him as a crazy, psychotic man. Now that I understand his scheme for his revenge I think that he might actually be a genius. I was surprised at his elaborate thinking on acting out his revenge.I think that this play will end with the death of Claudius and Hamlet with the lesson being that revenge is wrong and not worth attempting. Hamlet will have gotten what he wanted but at a high price. 

No comments:

Post a Comment