Welcome to my blog! This blog contains essay, literature analyses, etc. all designed to help myself as well as others prepare for the AP Literature and Composition Test. Please feel free to read and do not hesitate in leaving any suggestions and comments! You can also contact me at parrajessica83@yahoo.com.
Don't forget to follow my blog!

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Socratic Seminar Discussion Notes

Adults may not be capable of "free play" even though they would greatly benefit from this


  • Why? Adults become self conscious and too aware of what they are doing. 
Everyone needs to find their own unique way to play and show off their creativity. 
  • My idea of play for me is singing. More specifically I  make up my own songs. 
"Let your mind run wild" 

-School has created an idea of what learning is. This had made it so that kids associate learning with school. This is not necessarily true because learning takes place not just in school. Learning can be learning of anything that interests you. 

Ask 'why?'  !!!
This is something that humans lose as they grow older they stop asking why things are the way they are and just accept things as they come.


                            Reflection Paragraphs


I am one of those people who have found school to boring. It has lost my interest a little. After grades do not matter I need to put more into practice the idea of asking 'why.' I need to search what it is that captures my interests and not be afraid to ask the questions that I want to know the answers to. I believe that going off to college will give me a fresh perspective on learning and help me to discover what it is that I would like to spend the rest of my life doing. 


Dr. Preston mentioned that Matt Sigisi nailed the speech because he found in it something to love about it. I need to do this for the AP exam. Maybe not find something that I like about it  but something that I do well on it. This will motivate me and help me to maybe even look forward to taking the exam. If I feel confident about one aspect of the exam, I will feel more confident about the entire test itself. 


Encouraging others to ask questions and even answers others' questions would be a good way to exchange information. As the video illustrated, the internet is a great medium for the exchange of information. We are already using it to a great extent through all our blog work. Finding new ways to expand our creativity and yet learning from it and teaching at the same time is also a good way to exchange information.  We are already doing this through the Collaborative Working Groups. 

No comments:

Post a Comment