Welcome to my blog! This blog contains essay, literature analyses, etc. all designed to help myself as well as others prepare for the AP Literature and Composition Test. Please feel free to read and do not hesitate in leaving any suggestions and comments! You can also contact me at parrajessica83@yahoo.com.
Don't forget to follow my blog!

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Research Paper: The Abstract

Paranormal activity is both interpreted and explained in a religious and scientific manner. The scientific explanation of paranormal activity usually pertains to those who are skeptical of life after death or of religion. The religious interpretation is according to each religions beliefs so each religion will have a different interpretation as to what paranormal activity means. Recently this topic has gained some fame due to many films being released on this topic. It is unclear whether any of the religious or scientific theories of paranormal activity intersect at any point. Evidence for paranormal activity is gathered differently due to their different views on the subject. Those who investigate this in a scientific manner take a more skeptical approach and try to prove paranormal activity as wrong or nonexistent. This involves the use of machines and scientific equipment. An investigation from a religious standpoint is entirely different depending on each religion. This includes each religions interpretation of the after life and whether it is relevant to any sort of paranormal activity. This type of religious investigations involve religious practices such as priests. Aside from religion and science, there are others who investigate paranormal activity such as those who claim to be psychics and mediums.

*I know this is far from perfect so please leave any suggestions that you have for me!

4 comments:

  1. This is actually really good. I am curious how your going to balance the information you find so not to sound biased about a certain side.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I believe in ghosts and such so would need to work on balancing my research paper so I do not seem too biased.

      Delete
  2. Great abstract! I am actually very excited to read your research paper after you have finished it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a very interestig topic and something I am curious about as well so I look forward to reading it. Be careful with being biased since I see you already have beliefs of your own.

    ReplyDelete